Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Optimized News Release Activity




Original News Release sent on October 13, 2015

Optimized News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 13, 2015


CONTACT NAME
CITY of ST. ALBERT
780-459-1500
email@stalbert.ca






St. Albert’s New Neighbourhood Honours Legacy Left By Historic Residents
New homes in Jensen Lake will have roadways named after Joyal, James and Jacobs families




ST. ALBERT, AB - The City of St. Albert is pleased to announce that several historic residents have been recognized by naming street after them in the new neighbourhood of Jensen Lakes.

“The history of St. Albert is filled with pioneering individuals who made their home in our city and who helped build the strong community spirit that lives on to this day,” says Mayor Nolan Crouse. “It is fitting that the new Jensen Lakes neighbourhood honours the legacy of some of our city’s historic residents.”

People building a new home in St. Albert’s newest neighbourhood may be interested to know that the streets were named after some of the city’s historic residents, including:
  • Joyal Way – David Joyal was the town constable for St. Albert in 1910. He and his wife
    Charles Joyal was very active in the community
    Emma had a son, Charles, who, with his wife Mary, owned a general store. Charles and Mary were very active in the community and in sports. Eddie, one of their eight children, learned to skate on the Sturgeon River. Eddie later played professional hockey in the National Hockey League for the Detroit Red Wings, Toronto Maple Leafs and Los Angeles Kings.
  • James Crescent – John and Mary James settled in the community in the 1940s. Mary worked at the St. Albert Hotel and John worked for a trucking firm with Neil Ross, another noteworthy resident. In addition, Mary’s grandmother was an early settler in St. Albert.
  • Jacobs Close – Joseph Jacobs arrived in St. Albert in the early 1900s. He and his brothers founded a brickyard south of St. Albert. Joseph raised his family in St. Albert and was a co-owner of River Lots 5 and 6, along with John Bolduc.


-30-

For more information on the history of St. Albert street names, visit Municipal Naming.
For more information on moving to St. Albert, visit Moving to St. Albert.
For more information about the Jensen Lakes neighbourhood, view the following Youtube video: 






Share this story




Changes:
  1. The first thing I did was decide what keywords people might use to find this information. Beyond searching specifically for the street naming policies of the City of St. Albert, I thought users may be searching for information about moving to St. Albert or building a new home in St. Albert. So I included key words like “new home”, "new neighbourhood”, "Jensen Lake", “building in St. Albert” and “move to St. Albert” to the news release. I also threw in “history of St. Albert” just in case history buffs were searching for historical information about the City of St. Albert. 
  2. I then added the social share options to the top of the News Release. The original version had them at the bottom of the release, which I also kept in the optimized version. 
  3. I added the name of the city, St. Albert, to the headline and added “New Homes” to the subheading so these items may show up in a search about moving to St. Albert or building a new home in St. Albert. 
  4. At the end, I added a link to information for people interested in moving to St. Albert along with the original information about Historic Street names. 
  5. In addition, I added a picture of what the lake community might look like right at the top of the news release and added a picture of Charles Joyal that I found in the historical archives. Lastly, I added a YouTube video which shows what the development will be like. 



1 comment:

  1. Great work! The images and the video is very eye catching and gives interest.

    ReplyDelete