Sunday, 18 October 2015

Original press release:







Optimized press release:


Parking garage crime spree ends in arrest

39 year old Edmonton man faces multiple charges

edmonton-police-shoulder-patch.jpgEdmonton, Alberta | October 7, 2015

Rest a bit easier the next time you park -- Edmonton Police Service has made an arrest in a string of apartment parking garage crimes between June and October 2015.

Bryan Keown, 39, is charged with 26 counts of the following:

  • theft and possession of stolen property
  • break and enter offences
  • mischief
  • breach of recognizance
  • disguise with intent

The arrest followed a collaborative effort between EPS investigative divisions across Edmonton.


For more information, contact Scott Pattison at 780-421-3553/scottpattison@eps.ca

###

The Edmonton Police Service's mission is to increase public safety through prevention, intervention and suppression of crime and disorder.


Share this story:
Geek-Fairy-Twitter-Icon2.pngEmail_Shiny_Icon.svg.pngimages.pngGoogle-plus-icon.png


To optimize this press release, I first tried to restate the content and titles in a way that was less formal and easier to read. To streamline the content, I removed the names of the EPS divisions that were involved, and took out specifics related to the number of charges that were laid.

I selected keywords (indicated in bold) based on major elements in the story, and checked Wordstream and Twitter Search to get a sense of the words used by people discussing similar topics. Keywords are listed both in the title and body of the press release to allow search engines to easily index the story.

I included an image and pullout quote to make the story a bit more visually interesting. I also tried to encourage reader engagement by providing a link to the EPS site in-text, an EPS contact email, and opportunities to share the story via email and social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment