Thursday, 22 October 2015

Pinterest!

So far my interests have been strictly entertainment: yoga, enticing recipes, funny memes, decor, art, and photography. I love just scrolling through and clicking on, and maybe liking or pinning, this and that. Until now I hadn't thought Pinterest was a good fit for a non for profit. Soooo, add that to my social media to-do list for work! Add Pinterest!

I think PETA makes good use of Pinterest because:
  • They use shock value to draw attention
  • They mix cute memes in with shocking images so they attract a bigger audience
  • They have a lot of celebrity endorsements (especially on the Celebs board)
  • They use infographics
  • They use language that is common and shows that they really care and believe what they are saying (authentic)
  • They cater to their audience, which is animal lovers
  • They use the platform to educate, starting with children
  • They seem to have something for everyone, from food to fashion to cute animals to celebrities to comedy
www.pinterest.com/officialpeta/








No comments:

Post a Comment