In this universe: My mom took one look at me and said, "She is not a Candace." Luckily, the second name on the list was Meagan, which is what I have been known as ever since.
![]() |
| My dad thinks I open my mouth too much in pictures. |
I graduated with a BComm at the University of Alberta about a year and a half ago, continued with the job I had for another year, and then decided it was actually time to break into the marketing industry. Since then I've had a really interesting time talking to all sorts of marketing professionals, interning over the summer, and taking social media marketing classes in the meantime!
I also have a part-time job at Chapters, which I joke is solely to fund my out-of-control book-buying habit.
And, finally, I'm a writer and aspiring author. That, in and of itself, is as time consuming as another whole job (and yet, in a perfect world, that would be all I did!). This is primarily what I use social media for -- to connect with a tight-knit online community of writers around the world, to find writing resources and tips, and to share my own personal writing adventures.
Also to gush about the latest stories I've read and/or watched.

why does Candace have a dead end job?
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately living in a post-apocalyptic world doesn't lead to many opportunities of career advancement because most of the corporations have collapsed, and Candace doesn't have the motivation to fight her way to the top of her scavenger tribe.
DeleteApparently women's soccer is still a thing, at least.
DeleteI love your photo and this is a great blog post.
ReplyDelete