Thursday, 15 October 2015

Module 3 Blogging Part 1 Assignment

Being a journalist today is very different than it was five, ten years ago. Today, the public expects constant updates of developments, minute by minute and available online. The era of waiting until the 6 o' clock news to find out the stories of the day is long behind us. In my practice of journalism, communicating with the public via social media is now routine. The day typically starts by reaching out to potential contacts/interview subjects through Facebook or Twitter and progresses to posting dozens of tweets/status updates as the story unfolds to keep in contact with your audience and fellow reporters. Many times, story ideas or tips are found from users posting to the station's Facebook page or directly tweeting the reporter. It's always been my goal to learn more about how to better engage with people through social media.








9 comments:

  1. A link to my blog
    http://momto2under2.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a link to my blog
    http://aliajude.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog!

    charitychampion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out my blog!

    http://bemuseddaily.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the simplicity of your blog. It's very clean and uncluttered!

      Delete
  5. Here's a link to my DRAFT blog:
    http://anoctopusgardeninshade.blogspot.ca/2015/10/bonaire-nl.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is a link to my blog. It is very much in draft format. Please don't judge me till I fix all the branding.
    http://ladiesofyeg.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nahla's blog link. http://mommiesblogout.blogspot.ca/ . I'm still working on it, trying to make it look better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi everyone. Today i realized that I don't really like my first blog so I started working on a new one about marketing. It's still a work in progress but i think it is much better than the old one. Here is the link and please don't forget to give me your feedback. Thanks.
    http://simplemarketingthoughts.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete